Having trouble making a purchase with your credit card? First, double check all of your credit card information before making another transaction attempt. Try not to make too many attempts, either – it could cause more harm than good to your Riot account.
If all of your information is entered correctly and you’re faced with an error message, you can check below for some troubleshooting steps you can take.
Your card information is invalid.
This error occurs when we can’t pinpoint the card provider you are using from the card number you have entered. Please make sure you’ve entered your card number and security code correctly without any spaces.
Your payment attempt has been declined by your card provider.
There are many reasons why your credit card may be getting declined, from lack of appropriate funds to an incorrect billing address. To narrow the possibilities, please verify the following:
- Your credit card number was entered correctly without any spaces.
- Your card supports online and international payments.
- Your account is not at its limit or overdrawn.
- You entered your card’s 3-4 digit security code correctly. This code is typically on the back of your card, but some cards, such as American Express cards, may have the code listed on the front.
- Access to your card has been restricted for security reasons.
We highly recommend that you contact your bank for further information. If this problem persists, please consider completing your credit card transaction through PayPal.
You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts at this time.
As a security precaution, we limit the amount of transaction attempts you can make within a 24 hour period. This applies for the amount of times the same credit card is used on various accounts AND the amount of times a single account uses various cards. Please wait 24 hours before attempting another transaction.
If none of the above trouble errors or resolutions have solved the issue, here are a few other reasons the transaction may have been declined and potential resolutions:
- There was a miscommunication between your game client and our store.
- SOLUTION: Wait 15 minutes, then restart your game client and try the transaction again. If that doesn’t work, you can troubleshoot your network connection.
- Your bank is having difficulty completing your transaction with our bank.
- SOLUTION: You can contact your bank for further information on how to troubleshoot this.
- Our store won’t allow the purchase because you’ve met the purchase limit. If you have made multiple transactions or transaction attempts in a 24 hour period, you may be temporarily blocked from making further transactions for security reasons. Even declined attempts count toward this purchase limit.
- SOLUTION: Wait 24 hours before making another transaction attempt.
If you’re still having issues after taking the steps above, or don’t see your problem listed, please /submit a ticket and we’ll do what we can to help you out.