If you’re crashing while playing League of Legends on High Sierra, you may have what’s called a “case sensitive file system”. This article will take you through creating a “case insensitive” system.
- Open Disk Utility by opening Spotlight (Cmd + Space) and typing "disk utility"
- Go to File > New > Blank Disk Image
- Your disk image can be called anything, but these fields need to be specific: Size: 20GB or larger, format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and Partitions: Hard disk
- Click "Create" and wait for the utility to finish
- Navigate to where you created your disk image, and open it
- Open your applications folder by opening Spotlight (Cmd +Space) and typing "applications"
- Copy "League of Legends" from the applications folder, and paste it in your new disk image
- Run League of Legends and test in a custom game to make sure you're not crashing anymore
If you're still having trouble after following these steps, let us know, and we'll investigate!