Why can't I send a gift to my friend?
The following factors determine whether you can send or receive gifts:
- The player receiving a gift needs to have been on your buddy list for at least one day.
- The player sending or receiving a gift cannot be banned or suspended (this includes Instant Feedback System).
There are also specific rules for different types of gifting:
CONTENT GIFTING (Skins, Champions, Rune Pages)
- To send a gift, you must be at least level 10.
- You can only send up to 10 gifts every 24 hours.
- You can only receive up to 10 gifts every 24 hours.
- To send RP, you must be at least level 15
- You can only send up to 5 RP gifts every 24 hours
- You can only receive up to 5 RP gifts every 24 hours
Why can't I gift the RP or content I already have?
The system will not allow you to gift RP or content that you already own. We are sorry for any inconvenience you may experience as a result of this.
What can I gift?
You can send your friends: champions, skins, ward skins, RP, summoner icons, rune pages, hextech keys, hextech chests, and gifting-specific event loot.
I accidentally removed my friend from my list. How do I send a gift now?
You will have to re-add your friend to your list and wait at least one day until they are eligible for a gift.
Why can't I use my pre-paid RP card in the Gifting Center?
Only certain payment methods are available through the Gifting Center. Simply send your friend the card PIN so they can redeem it through the game client.
How do I reverse the gift that I sent?
Gifts cannot be reversed. Please be sure to double check before sending a gift to ensure the correct summoner is receiving the intended content.
I was hacked and stuff was gifted everywhere! What do I do?
Please send a ticket to us directly, and a specialist will be more than happy to investigate for you.
How to Send Gifts
There are now two ways to send gifts through the League Client!
The first way is the standard way (through the store):
- Go to the store and click the gift box in the top right corner
- Choose the friend from your list you would like to send this gift to
- Select the type of gift (champion, skin, RP) you would like to send to your friend
- Select the content you would like to gift
- Type in a personal message and click the "Send Gift" button
The NEW and IMPROVED way to send gifts is through the Social Panel in the League of Legends Client!
- Step 1 is to right clicking on the friend you want to gift through the Social Panel in the League Client. (If this action is grayed out, it means the player you are trying to gift is not eligible to receive gifts from you or you are not eligible to send gifts. For a full list of gifting requirements, check out the top of this article!)
- On the list of actions, click on 'Give Gift' text where you are taken directly to the second step in the Gifting Center flow where you can choose the gift you want to gift this player.
- From here you can continue the same Gifting Center flow as you would in the old method of gifting!