Inactive accounts experience Summoner name Decay. If an account hasn’t played any games for a extended amount of time, their Summoner name will be made available. The Summoner name will stay on the account until another player claims it. Once claimed by another player, the Summoner name will be removed. If an inactive account loses its Summoner name, there will be a prompt to select a new Summoner name the next time that account logs in.
- Each Summoner name will have 6 months of inactivity protection upon creation.
- Each Summoner name will earn an additional month of inactivity protection for each Summoner level above 6, up to 30 months.
- Inactivity is defined to be a period in which no games of any kind have been played on the account.
- When inactivity protection expires, your name will be available to be claimed through the Summoner name Change service in the store.
Will I lose my content if my account becomes inactive?
No! Account content (Champions, Skins, RP, etc) can never be lost through inactivity. Only your Summoner name will be affected.
What name will I get if I come back after a period of inactivity?
You will be prompted to create a new Summoner name upon logging in. This name can claim a currently inactive name. After you create/claim a new Summoner name, you need to play a game or this name will not get inactivity protection and will still count as inactive.
If you claim a Summoner name from an inactive account after coming back from inactivity, you will NOT have inactivity protection on that Summoner name until you play a game.
Can you please tell me when X becomes available?
No. We are unable to reveal this information for privacy reasons.
Can inactive names be claimed by new accounts?
No. They can only be claimed through the Summoner name Change service in the store.
But I don't have any RP and I really wanted to be xXxTeemoLoverxXx!
We have great news for you! A Summoner name change can be purchased for 13,900 BE.
Maths is not my strong point. Could you make an example of how inactivity protection is calculated?
- Levels 1-6: 6 months of inactivity immunity
- Level 12: 1 year of immunity
- Level 20: 1 year, 8 months of immunity
- Level 30: 2 years, 6 months of immunity
My account was permanently suspended and I got an email about the inactivity warning. Does this mean that my account will be unbanned?
No. This account will not become available for any reason, ever.