Global Refund Policy Update
This article has been updated to reflect our Global Refund Policy, which went into effect on May 30th, 2021. Click here to learn more!
Change your mind about a purchase and looking to get a refund? Well, you've come to the right place! Below you'll learn what is and isn't refundable, and find other handy info when it comes to getting a refund.
What You Can and Can't Refund
Unless any applicable laws require otherwise, refunds are only available for content that meets these three conditions:
1) The content is unused
2) The content was purchased no more than 14 days ago
3) The content is on the list of refundable content below
Refundable and Non-Refundable Content
*You won't be able to get a refund on these through the client—just send us a ticket, and we can do it for you!
Refund tokens are an additional way to request a refund on eligible League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics content, and have their own specific set of rules. Most unused content may be refunded within 14 days of purchase without using a refund token. Each league account comes with three refund tokens.
Refund Token Rules
- Refund tokens may be used to receive a refund on eligible purchases made after the 14-day refund window has expired. Unused content that was purchased within the last 90 days may be refunded by using a refund token.
- Used content may be refunded within 14 days of purchase by using a refund token.
- Refunds will be for the same amount and currency you used to make the initial purchase. For example, if you buy a champion on sale for RP, you'll get the sale price refunded in RP even if it's not on sale anymore.
- You can have a max of three refund tokens at one time. You'll regain one refund token each year if you have less than three.
- Once you use a refund token, it's gone. There are no refund tokens for refund tokens.
Special Content Refunds
Some items can't be refunded through the client. But if you send us a ticket, we can do it for you! Here's the list of stuff you'll need us for:
- Rune pages: One page per token (unless you bought a bundle)
- Summoner name changes: Only refundable if your previous name hasn't been taken!
- Summoner icons: Only non-esports icons are refundable
- Chromas: Full packs are one token, as are individually-purchased chromas
I don't like a champion's update, and I want to refund some/all content I own for them.
Unfortunately, we're not refunding any content based on champion updates. We try to be open about when we're making significant changes to champions. To learn more about why we have this policy and to keep abreast of updates, be sure to keep an eye on our schedule!
My account was hacked and someone made a bunch of purchases/used my refunds!
That's the worst! First, make sure your email account's secure—change your password and set up two-factor authorization, if you can. Then, go here to learn how you can recover your account. Try not to worry about your League content. We'll reverse any purchases made during an account compromise, including spent refund tokens.
How do I get more refund tokens?
You'll get one new token each year up to a max of three.
I accidentally purchased something! Do I need to use my refund token?
As long as you haven't used the content, you can refund it yourself without a token as long as it falls within the list of things you can refund. If it can't be refunded through the client, send us a ticket and we'll refund it for you.
What constitutes "used content?"
We consider content "used" if you've used it in a game (even a custom or bot game). If you're refunding something that counts as unused content, you won't see a warning that you're using one of your refund tokens.
For more information, including info on real money refunds for RP, check out our full refund policy.