If you regret or accidentally make a purchase, each League account comes with three refund tokens. You can use these tokens to refund almost any kind of purchased content. We also reimburse you if a recent purchase goes on an unannounced sale. More on that below!
*These items can't be refunded through the client—you'll need to submit a ticket!
- You can only refund purchases made within the last 90 days.
- Refunds will return the same amount and currency you used to make the purchase. For example, if you buy a champion on sale for RP, you'll get the sale price refunded in RP even if it's not on sale anymore.
- You'll recoup one refund token each year if you're below the cap of three.
- Most unused content can be refunded within 7 days of purchase without using a token. See above for items that are refundable.
- Once you use a refund token, it's gone. There are no refund token refund tokens.
Some items can't be refunded through the client. You can send us a ticket and we'll do it for you! Here's the list of stuff you'll need us for:
- Rune pages: One page per token (unless you bought a bundle)
- Summoner name changes: Only refundable if your previous name hasn't been taken!
- Summoner icons: Only non-esports icons are refundable
- Chromas: Full packs are one token, as are individually-purchased chromas
I don't like a champion's update, and I want to refund some/all content I own for them.
Sorry, but we're not refunding any items based on champion updates. We try to be open about when we're making significant changes to champions; you can keep an eye on our schedule here.
My account was hacked and someone made a bunch of purchases/used my refunds!
First, make sure you've got sole access to your email account, and change the password. Second, don't worry about your League content. We'll reverse any purchases made during an account compromise, including spent refund tokens.
Can I have more refund tokens?
You'll get one new token each year up to a max of three.
I accidentally purchased something! Do I need to use my refund token?
As long as you haven't used the content, you can refund it yourself without a token as long as it falls within the list of things you can refund. If it can't be refunded through the client, send us a ticket and we'll refund it for you.
We consider content "used" if you've used it in a game (even a custom or bot game). If you're refunding something that counts as unused content, you won't see a warning that you're using one of your refund tokens.