What does “recovering” my account mean?
If your Riot Games or League of Legends account has been stolen and you would like to restore access, the Riot Player Support team can help. We call this process “account recovery.” Sadly, we cannot recover deleted accounts. 30 days after you request your account be deleted, it’s gone, baby, gone! Read the Account Deactivation and Deletion FAQ here for more information.
Check your server’s status before recovering your account:
Please check the server status page for potential server downtime. During server downtime you would not be able to log into your account, or recover any of your account information. However, you would still be able to browse the forums. (When opening League of Legends, if the launcher says “Unavailable,” that usually means our servers are not reachable at that time.)
How to recover your account
Before submitting a request, please follow these steps:
- Make sure you have an account and are trying to log onto the correct server.
- Recover your username through the email address associated with your account.
- Recover your password by entering your username (not your Summoner name).
If you have followed these instructions and still cannot recover your account, please proceed with the following:
- Fill out the Account Recovery form found here.
- Submit a ticket and select "Recover my Account" as the reason. Make sure to provide us with the requested information about the account you are trying to recover. From there we will work with you to verify ownership of the account.
What we can do while recovering your account
Reverting your summoner name if it was changed
Once we've recovered your account, we'll be able to revert your Summoner name back to what you previously had.
Reversing unauthorized purchases
During the account recovery process please let us know if any charges were made on your credit card, specify any charges that you noticed, and we will be happy to further investigate the issue.
If you find transactions on your account that you did not make, and were not charged to you, it is still vital that you inform us, as this may cause future billing issues for your account.
Protecting your account
Once you've recovered your account, the next step would be to keep your account from being compromised again. Take a look at this article to learn what you can do to best protect your account moving forward.